This week was filled with weather, strange weather that got me worried and kept me up at night. I hardly ever get worried about storms here on campus but for some reason I just felt the urge to stay up and make sure that everyone in my suite was going to be okay. As I was laying in my bed, eyes wide open at 2 a.m. I began to pray to God. I felt so much more comfortable when I was in deep conversation with the Father. Periodically, I would drift back to sleep and then wake up and think out loud in my head, "Oh, thank you Jesus for your mercies are abundant." But as I rolled out of bed at 7:30 a.m. when my phone alarm went off my thoughts were not to Praise God but awe, man, I'm so stinking tired. So, while I was getting ready for class I began to ask God to help me stay focused on His blessings. Throughout my day, I made a decision to praise him whenever I felt the tiredness take over my body.
I noticed throughout my day that I just don't give God credit for his creation. He created me with emotions. I can embrace them but also learn to be self-controlled and filled with his Spirit. I just keep trying to grasp all this and it is so powerful!
so, there is my thought. now I'm all smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment