Friday, May 30, 2008

His strength is complete.

Thinking about thinking in this post:



I was thinking that something has happened, I suppose that it may be from my own reflection on what I've been feeling lately. I'm not over joyed about this certain thing happening. Not at all. In fact, in my singleness of life-being almost 25-and never been able to eloquently go on a date. (in comparison to my double date that Kira and I went on with Samuel and Cero) For the first time in my life (actually this is incorrect), I've been aware that when I surf facebook.... I religiously evaluate people of the opposite sex as potential spouses. (you know you've done it) I'm willing to admit that I do it therefore you do it too.


my thought starts out this way...i like his eyes. oh and he is smart. i like his major and he'll most likely be doing this with his life. then, how can i become friends with him...okay next, i could ask him about all this stuff that i find out through his facebook character and that makes us have a connection and I could somehow relate to him. then, i might think about would I really date this person. or would he even date me? i don't know. ha

end of that thought.

new thought.




I never use my time wisely. I'm ready to start though. I'm tired of feeling overwhelmed because I have things on my plate that I never know where to start. I'm ready for a change. instead of thinking about big picture things I'm just going to start taking the advice I heard from a godly friend. which, she once heard from another godly person these words:

"no one wakes up in the morning saying, "i would really like to mess up my life today." what we do is tend to focus on the large goals and mega issues to the point we make dumb choices when it comes to the little things. then because we have made foolish "small" choices, we feel shame and hide and don't want to do much of anything. the solution is to forget about being the perfect person and just make wise decisions for the next two hours or eight hours. you get the idea. the pressure is off. you don't have to solve all of life's issues and bear all of life's burdens. you just need to make small decisions that are good and wise. the rest of your life will take care of itself."


Am I being obedient? time after time, do I listen?

i'm sinful. i'm forgiven. am i walking in spirit and in truth?

Romans 8
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

No comments:

Followers