Who would have thought that I was friends with a girl who likes the X-Files. I've been going to bed really late this past week with the background music of the x-files flashing in my head because Lauren has been watching it-all 9 series. I'm so thankful that she only has a few more shows to go because seriously the background music on it freaks me out.
I had a very successful first week of class! Physical Science taught by Mr. Dowdy has got to be the most exciting class I've ever taken so far! That's right I only have to go Mon-Thurs 8a.m.-1p.m. I have my first out of class assignment due Monday. I get to write my Science autobiography. woot! Since I don't have class tomorrow, I was planning on sleeping in for change. But, Candace invited me to go with her to VBS. Her job is recreation and she is outside all morning playing water games with the children! I couldn't turn that offer down for anything. I look forward to getting some sun and also being blessed by those children!
I talked to my mom today while I was at the grocery store. I needed a recipe for a nummy frozen dessert! It was nice to have a quick word with her and then she had ot rush and pick up Allyson. Then, later I was able to get a quick word in with my dad and sister. They went out for supper since they couldn't put up hay due to the inch of rain yesterday. Jamie told me that this weekend the Erickson family reunion is at Deerfield Lake out in the Hills. Dad and Mom were originally going to take the camper out and have an enjoyable weekend with my mom's side of the family but instead they changed their plans. I don't know what they are doing instead. I think Jamie was really wanting to get away for the weekend. I miss them. Hopefully I'll get to see them in early Aug. if my dad gets a truck load to southern Kansas. It would only be about 400 miles from here. We'll see. They are notorious for having a change of plans at the last minute.
In other news, I've been praying about my plans for the future. After a lot of time praying and having some solitude...I think I'll rest easy knowing His plans is perfect. I'm submitting to His Will for my life.
because quite frankly, I've failed in every respect.
Thank you Lord for Grace
help me believe
No comments:
Post a Comment