Recently in my Ethics class Dr. Eubanks had the class get into a group to share some very interesting facts about ourselves. First he asked, what makes you cry? Then, what makes you sing? and finally, what do you dream of in life?
After hearing each person reply in my group, I was so inspired by each of their responses-yet I was so flustered because I hadn't ever given it enough time to think about what I was going to say. Finally it was my turn, I think I said something like my brother makes me cry when I think about the crap he's done to his family. Then what made me happy was the fact that there are followers of Jesus all over the world who are so driven to grow in their faith. The fact that they are maturing in their faith and practicing spiritual disciplines makes my heart so happy. And when I got to the point of answering what it is I dream of, I really had to scramble for something to say. It was cheesy whatever I said. trust me. Infact, I don't even remember what I said. Not even a slight hint.
What I do know is that I'm a big picture gal! So I must dream big! I see myself as an explorer who often times has trouble realizing my dreams. I find myself often just drifting along as if I were part of a current. Perhaps just wherever my passions, interests, and curiosity takes me. I get a thrill from new adventures, experiences, and other learning opportunities! Please take me along with you for I know how to enjoy the journey. I'm more than likely to take a short detour on the journey but quite possibly I'll take that risk for the sake of adventure! Now, I don't enjoy the struggle of challenges but I've often found myself being so open-minded and flexible that I can sometimes get myself into trouble.
I don't mind asking for help when I need to and I'll listen to the input but I can work alone if neccessary. I am very people oriented and prefer to be with people because I think that to inspire a person it must work both ways. I inspire you and vice versa. But please remember that I'm quite impulsive and get bogged down by details. Details to me are boring! I'm pretty flaky and unreliable when work requires attention to details. Don't take this wrong, I like progress and being productive but I like to do in a mellow fashion!
My struggles. They are much harder to accept. I know this as a matter of fact.
Like I said earlier, I dream big but often have difficulty realizing them because of a lack direction and focus on my journey in life. I place too much value on fulfillment than achievement. I have so much flexibility in my life which can hinder the follow through process of participating in life activities. I also don't like the structure and rigidity imposed by planning, so I often go ahead without making any plans at all.
I'm a big picture person but often get lost in the details because of my lack of planning.
ESTP Man, where are you Mr? You are my match. I'm searching for you. Please hurry and come meet me!
haha
I'm not alone. You are my strength when I'm weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Jesus, Lamb of God. Worthy is your name!
No comments:
Post a Comment