Tuesday, October 21, 2008

moderate comments

Today is the day before fall break officially starts. I think I started my fall break last wednesday though as I have not been motivated at all to keep on top of my hefty reading load. I don't have any money and I have been mooching off of my friend Corey for a while now. What money I do get I have to pay it right back to Corey because I've been using her so much.

I've been listening to the Avett Brothers a lot lately. My friend Gena sent me a cd of them and ever since they have been my most recently played top list on my iTunes. I'm glad to have a great friend to introduce me to great musicians!

On another note, I feel like I've given up on a few important things in life. Currently, I have been contemplating whether or not I should put myself on the line or just stay quiet about some things I've been dealing with in my life. I don't feel like I've been in tune with God but that I just go and do whatever I please and it makes me sad that I don't seek the Lord near enough so that I can play apart of his story more adequately.


I can't forget the great news I heard today. A very dear friend just found out she is pregnant! I've gone to college with her for 4.5 years now and last summer she was married to the love of her life. When will it be my turn?

I had the best conversation with Ms. Rosalene the other day when I made her breakfast for lunch. She always has the most thought provoking questions about end of life topics. She is one courageous lady that has taught me so much about God and also about myself. It's odd how such relationships can shape our worldview and also help us to become more aware of the Spirit. I'm forever indebted to Rose. She is a lovely lady and it will be very hard for us to leave one another in December when I graduate.

No comments:

Followers