Thursday, March 20, 2008

1st day of Spring in 2008!

Today is my mom and dad's wedding anniversary. They could have
been celebrating 23 years of marriage today but instead it's only their
11th anniversary. After I turned 13, they decided to buy a license and
perform a ceremony in front of their family because they felt convicted by
God to do so. I will forever be thankful for their wise decision
making skills!


Today, I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and unpacked a few of my boxes that I hauled back from my dorm room in AR. I really didn't have any space in my bedroom at my folks house but needed to unpack all the crap in the boxes so that I could bring the empty boxes back with me to pack the rest of my things during finals week in May. After I finished that stuff, I hopped in my buick and drove over to a friends house at noon to use the internet. I've been here at gena's house enjoying our quality time together since we haven't had time to be together since our high school days. She is home for Easter break and I'm home for Springbreak. We've been trying to do some homework all afternoon but haven't been very successful...She is studying for her avian ecology class and I've been preparing for a LifeofChrist test when I get back school.

Currently, this part of the state is under a winter weather advisory...I'm hoping for the 3-6 inches of snow predicted for tonight...Just once more before I go back to AR, Please Lord.

The other day, I had a nice little chat with my father. He made me cry. He basically demanded that I give him an answer about what I will be doing in the future. I don't know what I'll be doing after I graduate in december(9 mo from now). I don't know what I'll be doing or where I'll be living. But what I do know is that it'll be a surprise-I like that feeling but my dad doesn't he wants me to have everything worked out just perfectly. I am just trying to be a faithful servant and go where the Lord says.


Walking with Jesus Through the Holy (Passion) Week

Modern Calendar Days
Event of the Holy Week
Friday
• Arrival in Bethany (John 12:1)
Saturday
• Evening celebration, Mary anoints Jesus (John 12:2 – 8; cf. Matt. 26:6 – 13)
Sunday
• Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem (Matt. 21:1 – 11; Mark 11:1 – 10; John 12:12 – 18)

• Jesus surveys the temple area (Mark 11:11)

• Return to Bethany (Matt. 21:17; Mark 11:11)
Monday
• Cursing the fig tree on the way to Jerusalem (Matt. 21:18– 22; cf. Mark 11:12 – 14)

• Condemning the temple (Matt. 21:12 – 13; Mark 11:15 – 17)

• Miracles and challenges in the temple (Matt. 21:14-16; Mark 1:18)

• Return to Bethany (Mark 11:19)
Tuesday
• Reaction to cursing the fig tree on the way back to Jerusalem (Matt. 21:20 – 22; Mark 11:20 – 21)

• Debates with religious leaders in Jerusalem and teaching in the temple (Matt. 21:23 – 23:39; Mark 11:27 – 12:44)

• Olivet (Eschatological) Discourse on the Mount of Olives on the return to Bethany (Matt. 24:1 – 25:46; Mark 13:1-37)
Wednesday
• “Silent Wednesday” — Jesus and disciples remain in Bethany for last time of fellowship

• Judas returns alone to Jerusalem to make arrangements for the betrayal (Matt. 26:14 – 16; Mark 14:10 – 11)
Thursday
• Preparations for Passover (Matt. 26:17 – 19; Mark 14:12 – 16)

After sundown:

• Passover meal and Last Supper (Matt. 26:20 – 35; Mark 14:17 – 26)

• Upper Room discourses (John 13 – 17)

• Prayers in the Garden of Gethsemane (Matt. 26:36 – 46; Mark 14:32 – 42)
Friday
Sometime perhaps after midnight:

• Betrayal and arrest (Matt. 26:47 – 56; Mark 14:43 – 52)

• Jewish trial — Jesus appears in three phases in front of:

—Annas (John 18:13 – 24)

—Caiaphas and partial Sanhedrin (Matt. 26:57 – 75; Mark 14:53 – 65)

—Sanhedrin fully assembled (perhaps after sunrise) (Matt. 27:1 – 2; Mark 15:1)

• Roman trial — Jesus appears in three phases before:

—Pilate (Matt. 27:2 – 14; Mark 15:2 – 5)

—Herod Antipas (Luke 23:6 – 12)

—Pilate (Matt. 27:15 – 26; Mark 15:6 – 15)

• Crucifixion (approx. 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.) (Matt. 27:27 – 66; Mark 15:16 – 39)
Saturday
Jesus’ body in the tomb
Sunday
• Jesus’ Resurrection

• Resurrection witnesses (Matt. 28:1 – 8; Mark 16:1 – 8; Luke 24:1 – 12)

• Resurrection appearances (Matt. 28:9 – 20; Luke 24:13 – 53; John 20 – 21)

No comments:

Followers