Monday, May 25, 2009

Black&Decker

Yes, that is the brand of Coffee Maker I Purchased last night at the store. After work I drove home hoping to brew a pot of coffee to make some iced-coffee to sip on while I watched movies with Gena. It didn't take long once I arrived home that I remembered my coffeemaker decided to go on the fritz earlier last week. So, I showered, urinated, got dressed, straightened my hair and decided to buy a new one. This new one was $19.99, black, and is a 12 cup programmable beauty. It sits on the countertop where the old one was once enthroned. So far today, I only made one pot of coffee and partook 3 cups of the 12 it made.

Days like today remind me of coffee hour with my dear friend Rosealene. We didn't ever finish an entire pot together but we did have whole conversations that have built more character and humility in my life than a pot of coffee could ever do for me.

Memorial Day 2009
-Finished 4 loads of laundry
-updated the blog
-watched part of the season 3 Lost
-caught up with some friends online
-took trunk full of junk to the recycle bins a few blocks from the apartment.

Overall, I miss my friends and my dear family. I wish we could have played softball in the front lawn and grilled out with my niece and nephews altogether like we did in the past. I'm a sucker for tradition. I'm holding my breath until I get to be near them again! I love you all!

1 comment:

lauren noel said...

Hey Callie! I seriously LOL'd at you pointing out that you urinated. haha! I hope you charted it!! ;)

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during you and Roaealene's conversations. I think we could all learn alot from her!

Sounds like you still had a good Memorial day, even if it was away from family! Love you toots :)

Followers