Friday, April 08, 2011

Today wasn't a repeat.

After two weeks of taking care of the most precious woman who is hard of hearing, finicky, struggles with short term memory loss, and scared to death of falling intuition has led me to believe that Elvis is alive. Have you ever had a conversation with someone who asks the same questions over a gazillion times or says the same stuff every meeting?? Once in a while, when conversation gets old try sprucing things up or try a clever hand by breaking into the conversation a new topic. How was your day? What did you eat today? What was the weather like today? Questions like these are very normal and light and perfect conversational starters. Where does one go after such questions have all been answered and there are no more facts to be shared? Well, when dealing with someone who has STML the conversation would most likely be put on repeat. But, Today wasn't a REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't a repeat because someone noticed that ELVIS was in the room! If you're wondering what kind of things a person could talk about with a 94 year old woman, show a picture or mention the name Elvis. Simply put, I love Elvis for saving my sanity today. I found a picture of him near the phone and brought it over to the table for Miss Priss to cherish for a few moments before I had to leave. She loved it. She filled me in on what a hunk of burning love he is! That conversation wasn't meaningful but it was easy to pass the time. oh, is that what my world is coming to? Conversations to pass the time? I'm so conflicted with life. I ask the Lord to come along side me. I recently heard a song and loved it. It is a song that the lyrics make you stop what you are doing and just listen intently on the words being sung. Glory be to God. Is it time to lay our comfort down? Time to give until it hurts. Empty our cup into our brothers hand. Is this the Kingdom coming?-Christa Wells (kingdom coming)

No comments:

Followers